Mango pie is a dessert usually consisting of a pastry crust filled with sweet mango custard or puree. The crust can be made from a variety of ingredients, such as flour, butter, and sugar, and can be either a traditional pie crust or a crumbly streusel topping.
The filling is made with fresh or canned mangoes and may also include ingredients such as sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Mango pie can be served warm or cold and is often topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
Mango pie is a dessert usually consisting of a pastry crust filled with sweet mango custard or puree. The crust can be made from a variety of ingredients,
Instruction:1. Preheat your oven to 375 F (190)2. Spread the pie crust out and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the crust's borders and use a fork to pierce the bottom.3. In a medium saucepan, combine the mango sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, andWhile running the escutan on medium heat, mash the motor and cook for about 10-15 minutes until it thickens.4. Pour the mango stuffing into the prepared paper and spread evenly.5. Bake the pie for about 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.6. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. 7. Serve pie cold or at room temperature, topping with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Adjust sugar accordingly
1. Use ripe, sweet mangoes for best taste.
2. To easily peel and dice a mango, cut away the cheeks on either side of the pit, then cut the flesh in a criss-cross pattern and push the skin inside out to remove the cubes.
3. You can use store bought or homemade pie crust for this recipe.
4. If you prefer a sweeter pie, put more sugar in the filling.
5. If the pie filling is too thick, you can add some water or orange juice to thin it out.
6. Brush the crust with egg white or melted butter before baking to keep the crust from getting soggy
7. To make Streusel Topping for Pie, whisk together 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup cold butter. Sprinkle mixture over pie before baking
9. To make the pie gluten-free, use a gluten-free pie crust or make a crust using almond flour or coconut flour
9. To make pie vegan, use vegan pie crust or make a crust using vegan butter or coconut oil
10. Pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap of foil